Friday, January 18, 2013

Listen


Some of my favorite times are when I get to just be quiet and listen. My favorite thing to listen to? My kids, of course. Right now Tommy and Jain are playing some game involving lava, portals, and a store.

The other evening Jain and I were lying on my bed while she put lotion on my arms. This sounds sweet but really it's her way of getting me to do it to her legs, arms and back. She knows how to get what she wants. And she uses A LOT of lotion so I'm glad to rub in the excess to her tootsies. While she massages my arms, she just chats. No breaks, no interruptions, but a whole lot of gasps and hair swinging. This is what I heard this time:

"Can you help me find a husband who is nice and kind and I like his face? I want to get married in the Temple because I want to stick together forever. Will you come to my wedding? I will have two boys named Reagan and Tommy (just like we have a boy Tommy in our family) and a girl named uh...Angeela. I need a girl to hang out with and do girl stuff with. Then you will be sad because you have no kids. You will talk in church and I will come hear you."

Sounds okay to me, especially helping to pick her husband. That will most likely change, I know. It didn't work out so well on Shrek II when Fiona's dad tried that.

Another favorite thing to listen to? My sweet husband telling me all about his day, his work buddies, what the boys said in their bedtime prayers, etc. But last night he decided to tell me all this -mixed with (to him) hilarious jokes and some late night deep thoughts- after we had turned out the lights and I was on the brink of sleep. Finally after midnight I burst out laughing and told him to please go to sleep.

So I guess my liking to listen has it's limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment