Sunday, October 9, 2016

Red Iguana


I have been reading the blog my family kept for me when I first had the stroke.  It brings back a lot of memories, both good and bad. I realized that I wanted to keep those memories but they were miszing from that blog. So here are the blog entries as well as 


more latermy color commentary.


Wednesday December 5 2007




The surgery to place the trach and the peg was successful. No complications. They feel this will really help her be more comfortable. She will be sleeping for a while now because they had t0 put her out.


Early in the evening I had a nurse come in and sit down by my bed. He asked If I were LDS and I nodded.  He spoke with me a bit, and although I can''t remember all that he said, I remember feeling comforted. He could probably lose his job for that so keep it to yourself.


Later that evening my friend Karen and her husband Scott came by. I was not supposed to have visitors in the ICU at that hour but Scott may or may not have told them he was my doctor. He wasn't. In his defense, he was A doctor, just not MY doctor. And he is now so it all works out. Anyway, they had just been to eat at one of my all time favorite places, Red Iguana. They didn't want to tell me but I could smell it.  


After they left I started coughing and could not breath. I felt like everything they had touched or even thought about touching was out to get me. Nurses ran in and started wheeling me out and the last thing I remember was someone saying "Stay with me."  Next thing I knew I was waking up with a trach. In reality, it had nothing to do with them but I totally hold them responsible and think I should at least get a free meal at Red Iguana! Kidding, of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment