Sunday, March 25, 2012

Brand New

I never did get Matt to change my other blog; it was by invitation only and I wasn't invited TO MY OWN BLOG! So I am making a totally new one. Again, it's also a journal of sorts so if nobody wants to read this, I do, so there!
I was asked to speak at a RS dinner on Thursday about overcoming adversity. I feel very uncomfortable with this because people often praise me or give me too much credit. I am really just making it up as I go. Sure, I have been through some terrible things, but we all have, Mine is just very visible. Some days I am angry, tearful, jealous, and very tired. It is really the people around me who should take credit for getting me through this. If ever I start to get overwhelmed, I get a text from Robert, a call from a friend, dinner dropped off, or even one of my kids cheering me up. Just yesterday I was lying on my bed, exhausted from doing nothing, and Aleq came in with a glass of water and asked if I needed a massage. I mean seriously, how can I have a bad attitude with that?
Also, I can never forget how blessed I have been! I feel that my family and I are just taken care of. Every minute of every day. I am blessed with relatively good health, a super fun and sweet family, and true happiness. I am so blessed that the Lord trusted me enough to allow this to happen to my body and show His power. I am a very literal walking miracle.
So yes, I take every opportunity I can to tell others how the Lord has and is working in my life. It is amazing to me, too, and I just want to shout it from the roof tops! I feel like it's my chance and responsibility to share with anybody who will listen, just a bit of what I have been given.
Today in RS, Tiffany Dixon commented that I am a great example of learning to laugh. It made me feel really good. I'm glad she sees me like that. Some people probably don't think my humor about my stroke is really that funny and yes, some things are not joking matters, but some of this is just plain absurd! And if I can't laugh about it, it seems scary or bigger than it really is. And really, when Robert says says everything is worth it just for the good parking, tell me that's not funny!
Also in church  Tommy decided he wanted to bear his testimony. Robert walked him up and then whispered to him what to say. Clear as day he said he wanted to BURY his testimony and at one point said, "what?" It was totally cute and funny.  I was so happy and proud seeing them up there!
Also tonight we were eating brownies and Tommy was on his 3rd and I playfully said, Sito! (his nickname) He leaned back in his chair and very seriously, like confessing, said, "I have a brownie problem." It made us all laugh!
All moms (should) think this but my kids rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment