Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I read today that StephanieNielson has written a book. Woohoo! She should.  And she said it was mostly as a gift to her children. That made me think, they are the most important audience. So, aside from making this a journal for me, I need to write for them.
Along those lines, I have written down some things that the kids said. But Robert is always telling me to put them in two places and this seems like a good place. . This will be a mommy proud moment so beware!!
Both boys:
Chicken Pop Leghorn=Foghorn Leghorn
verse is the verb of VS.

Aleq:
Not RC Willey but OUR C Willey
ith=if
ourchother=eachother
Robert told Aleq he could mow the lawn soon. He said, "No, Sito is my henchman. I"ll just watch."
While I was living with my mom, Aleq brought me things every day for a while. Some were pictures he made, others were gum wrappers or dryer sheets. But he wanted me to know he was thinking of me.
He asked if there were any skills that he had inherited or had been passed down by his family.  I said I would have to think on that one. He replied that I taught him to never give up.
golfing=golf coursing
I was looking on the internet and didn't buy anything. He said, "Good dog. Heres your treat."
It stunk outside and he said he was trying to breathe out of his eyes.

Tommy:
Sprankle aimed=sprained ankle
jumpng drops=rain drops inpuddle
"I need more life coverage."
He cried (sobbed) in Toy Story 3
Sitting in Roberts lap, he pointed to the lap and said, "Dad,this is your favorite part, huh?"
suppise=suppose
crying=eye juice
He plays Lego video games and now runs stiff legged and gets coins (goink) everywhere. The store, driving, etc.
Clearfiels romantic center-aquatic center
oftenly
"mom, I'm doing balalet dancing!"
He hums along to all songs and the hum sounds like he is playing a comb.
just a beaver=Justin Beiber
bikini bread=zuchini bread
Robert had his eyes closed and Sito shone the flashlight over his head and asked, "Can you see your dreams, dad?"

Ana Jain:
"I super love you but I don'y love your owies. They are super really owies."
She or he=Tell Wendy to go to SHES house.
She got a new teacher and a new school. I asked if she would be Miss Katie to which she replied, "She already IS Miss Katie!"
Papa and Nenni moved back to her.
When saying goodbye to Maddie Stallings (going away to school) both of them cried.
She says I have a lot of belly buttons (scars).
things are too.  Too-licious, too-nected, too-leted
beep bop=flip flop
stuff-es=stuff
She calls the hotel a show & tell. After the boys corrected her she called it the ho & tell.
"Mom, if you get better, you will be like the picture when you married daddy. I don't like that. I like your face strokey."

They say funny things all the time but these are the hi lites.

I was talking with a friend yesterday and explaining that seemingly little illnesses, like a cold or stomache bug, knock me flat and can quickly turn into pneumonia if I don't take precautions. I wash my hands a lot, avoid big crowds, and do what I can to avoid illness. But church, Temple etc. are always big crowds. I figure that if Heavenly Father wants me to be a part of these things, He will have to help my immune system (said with a smile and a shrug). But there was a time when even church was impossible. One on one visits were best, at times I had to aviod my own family, and I spent a lot of time cooped up inside watching HG TV. I learned a couple things from that. First, my decorating skills are inadequate, and second, texts, phone calls, cards, or one on one small group visits are a life saver. Sometimes literally. I have been thinking a lot about my friend, D.A., who is having some serious health issues and needs to avoid illness at all costs. I'm sure that depression and fear are her constant companions and knowing that she is not forgotten can make the difference between despair and a happy heart. I hope I can teach my kids that it doesn't matter how big or little your service is. The person receiving it craves the thought put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment