Saturday, December 8, 2012

He is back!!!

I am paranoid and don't like to announce to everybody that Robert is gone. But he is home, finally, and I thought I needed to remember this past week and a half.
The first few days were uneventful. We watched Elf, watched it again, and again, had indoor picnics, and showered and got right back in pajamas. It was heavenly.
Church is impossible to do without Robert.  Too many people and obstacles to knock me down and the logistics of getting us all there and from class to class... Aleq was asked to pray in Primary so our wonderful neighbors, the Stallings, took him with their family.
Tuesday was a full day! My sweet visiting Teacher, Laura, brought lunch over and stayed to eat with me. I love that. Then she emptied and loaded the dishwasher and took bins down to the storage room for me. These might seem little to some but to me, they showed she actually cared and wanted to help.  She and her Visiting Teaching partner had made plans to come by on Thursday to clean my house. Bless them.
 Later, I took my in laws car (they went with Robert Arizona and took my car) over to the school to pick up the boys. I had to wait about 5 minutes so I turned off the engine. Once the kids were in, I turned the key. Nothing. I tried again. Nothing. I happened to glance over and Aleq quietly had his head bowed and arms folded in a prayer. Sweet boy.
I called my neighbor, Karen, (once again) for help. She had her son come to pick us up and then when her husband returned home, he took me over to jump start the car while her daughters came over to be with my kids. Karen drove my boys to school the next few days.  I love them!
While all of this was going on, my sister, Wendy, and 3 of her kids called to tell me they were on their way to clean my house. They quickly had the whole place clean and smelling of pine (mmmm) and then we all had dinner together. What could have been a really lame day ended up leaving me smiling.
I called Laura to tell her she was off the hook for Thursday, but she too good of a person to just let it go. She knew I was going grocery shopping and made sure she was at my door when I came home. She brought in the groceries and brought 2 dinners! She is the best cook so I love when she does that :)
My brother, Josh, called to check on me nearly every day and stopped by to take out the trash.
Robert needed this surgery. He really had very few options and our insurance would only cover this facility until the end of this month so it needed to be done. He was nervous about it but was possibly even more nervous about leaving. But he needn't have worried. Our Father in  Heaven was aware of our family and inspired those around me to take care of me. I am so thankful.
Roberts surgery was on his back, which has steadily been more and more painful. He is afraid of becoming addicted to pain killers (smart) so he tries to only use them when he can't stand the pain any longer. Lately that has been increasingly often so something had to be done. They were able to laser out some bone spurs and fix some nerves (not sure if they moved them, deadened parts or what) and hopefully that will help.
He finally got home last night to many hugs, snuggles, kisses, jumping, and cheering. And I was happy, too! We sure missed him! I know he does a lot for us but when he is gone it's more just "him" that we miss. I'm glad we are all under one roof again.

No comments:

Post a Comment