Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!!

Today we get to celebrate Easter.  Actually we celebrated all weekend. Yesterday there was the annual Eastman Easter Egg Egg-stravaganza which included a hunt, picnic lunch, pick up soccer games in which tackles were legal, and even a cheer from my sister, Wendy. Today we got up early, got and ate too much candy, wore new clothes to church, had a fantastic lunch at Roberts parents followed by a few hours of enjoying the warm weather (for now) and visiting with neighbors we never see in winter because we are all hibernating. It was a great day!

But my favorite part of it all?  Having all 3 kids explain the real reason for Easter. They have obviously been listening and learning in Primary, Family Home Evening, etc. Wendy was chatting with the kids about the hunt and party and asked them what their favorite part of Easter was. We all thought candy or the like but Sito said his favorite was Jesus's resurrection. I was proud and a little sheepish.

I heard a quote today in RS but I can't remeber who said it so, sorry. "Without Easter, there would be no Christmas." I had to think on that but it's absolutely true. I am so thankful for what Christ has done for me. I realize that He sacrificed for all his brothers and sisters but at times it feels like a very personal gift. I can never thank Him adequately.
      
             Before Church. Sadly, we were all frustrated and it  was a nightmare to get an okay shot!

  We all used to sing off key to help my dad feel like he fit in. This is the same concept to help me fit in.

On a more secular note, the Easter Bunny again left tracks all through the neighborhood. Jain and Sito went looking for more this evening and put flowers (weeds) on all they could find to let the Easter Bunny know they loved him. Super cute and sweet.

Just because I can I will take a minute to show off my husband.  This past week I had 2 of my extra strokey days. I couldn't get out of bed except to shower. My kids were home and just making meals was almost more than my body could handle. I'm not gonna lie, there may have been a lot of cold cereal. The laundry piled up and the house...well...having 3 kids running wild...a few items were slightly out of place. When Robert got home from work on Friday, he took one look at  things, waited for me to shower, loaded us in the car, and took us to dinner. Afterwards, he folded clothes, loaded the dishewasher, supervised the kids cleaning up, put all 3 kids to bed, and then started a movie for us.  Seriously? Unreal! I love that man so much that my heart might just burst! 

1 comment:

  1. What would we do without our husbands?! What a sweetheart! I can't thank you enough for your comments on my blog! I know I'm way behind in thanking you but I appreciate them so much. You give me hope for my little guy and it is so good to get insight from someone who in some way knows a little of what he is going through. Not many people have experienced what you or he has and have had the ability to come out of it so well and share how things felt. Just when you wrote Prevacid is my best friend too...it made me think...I wonder what it feels like for him?! Soooo many things I wonder and don't understand...so thank you for sharing little pieces of your life with us!!!
    All my love,
    Tessie

    ReplyDelete