Sunday, November 11, 2012

Disneyland

We just got back from Disneyland!! We have never been as a family because pregnancies, babies, and my strokiness kept getting in the way. I have always wanted to take the kids but honestly didn't know if I would ever be able to. But we did it! My wonderful sister and nephew agreed to go along to help out and I think it was a huge success!
Aleq told me that he didn't like the trip, he loved it! He has always been my scaredy cat boy but on this trip he went for the gusto. He went on the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and The Haunted Mansion and loved them all.  His favorite ride was Silly Symphony Swings. He was happy nearly the whole time as long as we kept him fed, and loved being with his cousin, Matthew. Matthew is the same about scary rides so they would check on each other and use one another for moral support as they waited in lines.
Tommy is the perfect mix of young and brave and is so easy going he was just happy to go on whatever. He love, love, loved all the faster rides but also reveled in Buzz Lightyear, Nemo, etc. He absolutely adores Nightmare Before Christmas and The Haunted Mansion is transformed into that for the Holidays. The whole time he was pointing out characters and laughing and said, "Mom, this is weird but I like it!" His favorite ride was Tower of Terror. He waited in line three times for that one.
Ana Jain was in awe of the whole place. She has her walls painted pink and her bedding, etc. is Disney Princesses so to see them in person was pure joy. She honestly believes they are real. She is also the bravest girl I know. She barely meets the height requirements for the big rides but she is no reluctant rider. Wendy sat behind her on the Matterhorn and reached up to touch her shoulder. "I thought she was crying because she was shaking" said Wendy, "But she was full on laughing!" I sat right behind her on Big Thunder Mountain and she was the only one of the 4 kids who kept her hands up the whole time! She was by far the smallest rider on Tower of Terror and although she said her belly felt funny, she begged to go on it again. She said her favorite rides were The Teacups, Tower of Terror, and Mickeys Fun Wheel.
At a store I gave my card to the lady and she called me by name. Jain asked her how she knew my name and the lady told her that Tinkerbell has sprinkled them all with pixie dust and they are all magic. Jain thought for a second and then said, "I guess dreams really do come true here."
My favorite thing was Cars Land. They made it look exactly like Radiator Springs and it is amaaazing!
Robert may win father of the year. He never once asked to go on a ride for himself  but took the kids on anything they wanted. His back was killing him but the kids never even knew it. And every day around 3 he would take the ones who needed it (Aleq and some days Tommy) over to the hotel for a break of swimming and resting. I love this man.
Matthew is so sweet and easy to have around. He was always happy and liked (almost) every ride. He is just a joy to travel with.
And Wendy. I have so much love and gratitude for her. Jain adopted her on this trip, sleeping in her room, having her do her hair, sitting by her, etc. and Wendy made her feel welcomed and loved every moment. We absolutely could not have taken this trip  without her. Robert and I honestly feel that she is the most selfless and kind person we know. Thank you, Wendy!
After so many days of being "switched on" I haven't really left my room in 24 hours. I am wobbly and tired and it might take me a few days to recover but it was totally worth it!!


Waiting for our flight. Thank goodness for electronics!

Jain and her security blanket, Wendy


Tommy, Matthew, and Aleq. Such good friends!

A birthday hug from Mickey!

Hey there, Pluto.

Jain and Mommy tipping tractors

By the tire Christmas tree at Luigi's




All 4 on a huge tire.

Mickey's Fun Wheel, ONE of Jain's favorites

Hello, Goofy!
She could not believe that Rapunzel called her a princess!!

She gasped when she saw Tiana. She is for real!


Can this day get any better? Ariel!


Jasmine was the first princess she saw and she was a bit shy. Luckily Wendy was there as a buffer.

Matching Goofy hats. Adorable boys.

Lightning  Mcqueen? Ka Chow!!!
We all loved it and the critters are already planning a trip for next year. Um, next year? Did they recently get jobs to pay for that??

No comments:

Post a Comment