Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Read Too Much

I’m reading a book by C.S. Lewis called “Mere Christianity”, meaning agreed, common , or central. In it he states, “Hostility has come more from borderline people, men not exactly obedient to any communion.” I find this to be very interesting, and in my experience, very true. I have found that when I am most likely to complain or criticize, it is often when I have become complacent or ignored my principles.
I have found the opposite to be true as well. For example, my mom tries VERY hard to obey God’s teachings.  It isn’t just something to do when it’s convenient, but something you do despite it being really hard at times. When she is trying her best, she is able to recognize the effort in others, too, regardless of religion.   Because she is not a fence sitter, she admires and respects others who stand up for their beliefs.
I remember on a visit to a Catholic Mission in San Antonio, she expressed her respect for the Pope standing up for what he believed to be right.  His teachings were not swayed by public opinion or making money. I personally could have little respect for any organization that would change their standards to make people happy or make a quick buck. City Creek Center is a great example of this. Believe in the LDS church or not, they aren’t bending on their standards.

Anyway, enough serious talk.  Here are a couple of pictures to lighten the mood. Enjoy!
He just came up from his bed, didn't say a word, and went back to sleep standing in our room.

Definately Robert's daughter!

So happy to have Grandma home from her mission for a few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment