Friday, July 27, 2012

Birthday



Happy Birthday to me! And lovely candle.

For the next 20 or so minutes it's still my birthday, I am so thankful to have been granted yet another year with all those I love. My life just keeps getting better and better every year! And as my PT, Tim, says, "The more birthdays you have, THE MORE BIRTHDAYS YOU HAVE!"

Early this morning I woke up and the Beatles song, "Today Is Your Birthday" popped into my head.  I started giggling to myself as I remembered how my dad would sing it to me every year. Not real pretty. He and I now have about the same singing ability. Thanks for starting my day off right, dad!

The rest of my day was filled with visits, calls, and texts from friends and family and Karen even had them sing to me at Olive Garden. And tonight Robert had Josh and Shanae and Papa and Nenni (his parents) come over to have cake.

But the best thing about today was my little family.  Robert was extra sweet all day and smiled and wished me a happy birthday over and over. I love that he gets as excited as I do! The kids gave me lots of extra hugs and kisses and I even got a stuffed hamster from Tommy and a horse with a rainbow mane from Ana Jain. It didn't even matter to me that they were gifts I had already given to them. And of course part of their gifts was playing with the toys with them.

I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment