Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sun Valley

We just got back from Sun Valley/Ketchum/Redfish Lake, Idaho. The whole family (excepting those who live out of state) goes every year. We got figuring that we have gone for 33ish years now. We have our favorite hang outs, traditions, and are even known to some of the locals. I grew up going and now my kids look forward to it every year.

Every year we do pretty much the same things, including such high adventure activities as swimming,  napping, eating, shopping, tennis, eating, hiking, and meeting each evening at the  Chocolate Foundry and duck pond. It's very relaxing and so much fun!


Tommy and his cousin, Logan


Mr.Aleq


Ally, Olivia, Casidy and Ana Jain


Shanae and I got lovely new glasses


My fish, Tommy


All 3 of my critters

Such a happy and proud driver


Ahhh, so sweet

Our wild family

Jain loves baby Aubrie!!
My fam. Notice Jains usual reaction to the camera...

 
One night while taking pictures at the duck pond, I had a moment. I know most people don't love every picture they are in but with me it's more than looking fat or something in my teeth. I have to concentrate on where I place my head since I can't feel center very well. My smile is never what it should be. I have to wear sunglasses nearly all the time to protect my right eye from the elements. And all the muscles waking up or not yet working have caused weird lines and holes in my face. I was never any super model but at least I didn't cause stares or scare children before. I have to keep reminding myself that my face seems a fair trade for all the miracles in my life. I just keep forgetting.

And Jain told us she loves visiting Ketchup and Sun Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment