Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stay cool, have a fun summer!

The boys started school this week and although they were not quite ready for summer to end, I SURE WAS!! Aleq started 4th grade and Tommy started 1st. Aleq is a veteran at this and was chatting with friends before Robert was even out the door. Tommy was a bit different. It was a big change from Kindergarten but he was just fine and acted his usual nonchalant self until he actually sat down at his desk. I was right with him and was showing him all the fun things in his desk and he seemed fine. He even saw some friends from his Kindergarten class. So I asked him if he was okay if I left. He asked me to stay "for just a little bit." He then told me he had a secret for me and I leaned down for him to say, "I'm a little shy here." I could see he was using all his courage. I told him that it was just fine to be shy and that everybody in the whole class probably was. This actually made him feel better and he told me I could go. Robert had already dropped off Aleq and was at the door so he leaned in and signed I love you. This made Tommy one happy, if a bit apprehensive, boy.
After school they both were in great moods and talking all about new friends, the lunch menu, and recess games. And, oh yeah, class was fine.
As for us girls, we are loving our quiet time. We read, watch shows that SHE likes, she gets the Lego's all to herself, and she gets to choose what we eat for lunch.
Tonight was back to school night which is always interesting. I get lots of curious stares but word has gotten around and the teachers know me and make allowances before I can even ask. Like tonight, Tommy's teacher had all the parents fill out 2 papers about their child, but she just asked me to have my husband do it and return them tomorrow. I guess I'm famous. Or infamous. Whichever.
Here are some random pictures from our short but fun summer.

Aleq, Wendy, and Matthew at Lagoon


Look what I built, Grandma.

Cotton candy + swimming=good day.


A bit blurry because they were moving, but one happy girl!


After swimming lessons


Strange dive, Aleq.

Jake is so sweet to Jain.


24th of July fireworks.


Motley Crew


Got a visit from a real princess! She thought it looked a bit like my visiting teacher, Laura.


Did she get any in her mouth?



My beautifuls

Geronimo!

2 comments:

  1. I love summer!!! Not quite ready for it to end. So fun u get your daughter all to yourself for awhile though!!! Love ya...cousin! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the summer pictures! Beautiful kiddos! :)

    ReplyDelete